Web Design Workshop for Startups and Social Enterprises #1
Total hours of training: 7.0 Hours
Max. 4 Participants per Class
• Learn about HTML, CSS, and PHP
• Re-create a 3~5 page HTML website with the trainer
• Learn how to customise a website according to your requirements
• Plan, design and develop your own HTML Website (HTML templates worth $99 provided)
a) Introduction to Adobe Dreamweaver - 15 mins
• Adobe Dreamweaver Interface
• Adobe Dreamweaver Tools
b) Learn about HTML, CSS, and PHP (Hands-on activity) - 120 mins
• Create web banners for to replace on the HTML
• Replace images and content of a HTML template with the Trainer
• Learn how to customise a HTML according to your needs
• Create an email link, or link a text to another URL/site
• Splitting the 1 page website into 3 different pages and linking the webpages
• Adding meta keywords and meta descriptions to your website
• Brief run-through with the trainer on importants of Keyword Planning
• Uploading the website created via cPanel with unique folder name
• View your website live on the world wide web
* 1 hour lunch break *
c) Case Study of Websites - 30 mins
• Case study: Good VS Bad Website
• Case study: Good VS Bad Website Banners
d) Free Resources Online - 60 mins
• Free Online Resource for Designing
• Google Fonts for your HTML website
* 15 mins break *
e) Plan, design and develop your own HTML Website - 120 mins
• 5 unique HTML designs will be provided to participants to customise their own website
• Create your very own 5 page website
i.e. Portfolio, Gallery, Featured News, Contact Form, etc
• Consultation with the Trainer (15~20 mins per participants)
* 15 mins break *
e) Purchasing Domain & Hosting - 45 mins
• Learn how to purchase a domain and hosting
• Setup your email accounts
• Upload the website you have created unto the World Wide Web!
f) Final FAQ Session - 15 mins
This Course is Suitable for:
• Business owners
• Sales & Marketing Executives
• Property Agents / Insurance Agents
• Entrepreneurs looking to supercharge their business
• Social Enterprises (25% discount for our workshops!)
• Non-profit Organizations Event Organizers (25% discount for our workshops!)
Early Bird: $499/pax and $449/pax (if you sign up with a friend)
- Register by 7 October 2016 (Friday)
Original Price: $599 (8 October 2016 and after)
Email us at email@example.com for a $50 cou
ABOUT THE TRAINER
Charmaine is passionate about design, and hopes to use design for good purposes. Aside training the public, Startups, SMEs, Business Owners and Students, The Good Designers was founded on the basis of offering these classes to charities and non-profit organizations at a heavily subsidized rate.
The Good Designers work with our beneficiary partners in training and equipping staff and their beneficiaries in the area of Digital Marketing and Design Skills.
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION BY THE GOOD DESIGNERS
At the end of this course, you will also receive a Certificate of Completion by The Good Designers.
TESTIMONIALS FROM OUR PARTICIPANTS
Good paced workshop, and instructor was knowledgeable.
- Eugene Loh (JC Teacher)
It was an insightful workshop!
Thank you Charmaine for the clear instructions, and patient guidance. The learning has been useful!
- Evette (Social Worker, Salvation Army)
It was a great experience getting to learn how some of the creative process. The various design tricks were also useful.
- Roy (Social Worker, Salvation Army)
What you'll need to bring to class:
• Laptop with Adobe Dreamweaver installed
• Laptop charger
• Mouse, Mouse Pad (optional)
• A notebook to take notes
• Pens for note taking
• Examples of web design(s) you like (optional)
30 Day Free Trial - Adobe Dreamweaver
If you do not have Adobe Dreamweaver, you may download the free trial from adobe website link below. Before downloading, please ensure your computer’s operating system supports the version of Adobe Dreamweaver, and have the software installed prior to class.
Any version from Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 onwards will work for this class.
Adobe Dreamweaver CC Download: https://creative.adobe.com/products/download/dreamweaver
1. Who can i contact should i have questions?
You can contact us via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org (Respond within 24 hours)
Or you may call us at 9296 3877 between 9am to 6pm
2. Is my registration/ticket transferrable or refundable?
Yes, all tickets are transferrable. You will need to notify us email@example.com 3 working days before the start of the event. Ticket(s) are fully refundable if the request for refund is made at least 2 weeks before the start of the event.
3. Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
You can print the ticket or show the ticket via your Mobile Phone.
4. Is there a minimum class size to proceed?
Yes. We require a minimum class size of 4 people to proceed with the class. In the event that there is insufficient participants, we reserve the right to reschedule the class or provide a full refund.
5. When will i receive the certificate for the course?
Upon completion of the workshop, our trainer will collect your address details for the certificates to be mailed to your home/office address within 7 working days from the completion of the workshop.
6. What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
128 Prinsep Street #01-01
Singapore 188655 (Impact Hub)
Nearest MRT Station(s):
Rochor Station (Downtown Line) - 2 to 3 mins walk
Bugis Station (Green Line) - 7 to 10 mins walk
There are parking spaces along the road, or you may parking at Laselle School of the Arts.
We're just 2 mins / across Laselle School of the Arts.
10:00 AM - 6:00 PM SGT
- 128 Prinsep Street
Early Bird Ticket for 1 pax $499.00
On sale until Oct 7, 2016, 12:00:00 AM
- Venue Address
- 128 Prinsep Street Singapore